How to Make a Simple Wrapped Loop
Jewelry makers use the simple wrapped loop for finishing earrings, making links for chains and for adding dangles to pendant necklaces. A wrapped loop will add pizazz to your designs.
To get started you will need the following basic tools and materials:
- Round Nose Jewelry Pliers
- Chain Nose Jewelry Pliers
- Wire Cutter
1) Cut a length of wire. With your round nose pliers bend the wire 90-degrees away from you.
2) Move your pliers down to hold the other side of wire.
3) Using your fingers bring the top wire all the way around to form a loop.
4) Hold the loop with your chain nose pliers.
5) Using your fingers wrap the wire around the base three times.
6) Trim the wire with a wire cutters.
7) Use your chain nose pliers to tuck in and push down any sharp edges.
Your finished wrapped loop should look like this.